PTZ security cameras provide users the ability to pan, tilt, and zoom in all areas, making it highly efficient for focusing and tracking moving objects in high-definition. These cameras are great for monitoring outdoor environments, especially large residential areas. Additionally, many PTZ cameras have in-built auto tracking software which allows the device to focus on a detected target by panning, tilting, and zooming on the object.
Related Article: 7 Reasons to Get a PTZ Camera
1. How are pan, tilt and zoom functionalities effective for surveillance?
- The camera can swivel to the left and right, allowing it to have a wide area of coverage
- Pan can range from a complete 360 circle to smaller areas
- The camera can tilt up and down, giving it a wide vertical range of coverage
- The amount the camera can tilt will vary by camera model, but goes up to 180 degrees
- Optical zoom physically adjusts the camera lens, changing the focal length to zoom in and out; this allows the camera to maintain image quality
The amount of optical zoom is expressed as #x, such as 18x, and represents how much the camera can zoom (change the lens focal length)
2. What is auto tracking in PTZ?
An innovation to the PTZ camera is a built-in firmware program that monitors the change of pixels generated by the video clip in the camera. When the pixels change due to movement within the camera’s field of view, the camera can actually focus on the pixel variation and move the camera in an attempt to center the pixel fluctuation on the video chip.
FREE DELIVERYPTZ Security Cameras, Security Cameras
Veilux VP-TVI-2MIR30X 2MP TVI HD High Speed IR PTZ Camera
This 2M Technology Pan Tilt Zoom analog camera features pan, tilt, zoom (PTZ), TVI signal with 2MP resolution, lens, and an IR distance of 120m. This Pan Tilt Zoom is weather rated at IP-66. All our cameras are covered with a one year warranty and free technical support.SKU: VP-TVI-2MIR30X