License plate capture cameras are equipped with a specialized software that can record license plate numbers and letters, even in turbulent weather and high vehicle speeds.
Related article: A Quick Guide to License Plate Capture (LPR) Cameras
1. What is a license plate capture camera?
A license plate camera is a specialized type of video surveillance camera that is designed to capture the numbers and letters of license plates on moving vehicles.
2. What type of DVR is used with LPR cameras?
We recommend using a DVR that is capable of recording at least 30 FPS (frames per second) at the resolution of your LP camera. DVRs that are compatible with AHD, HD-TVI, HDCVI, and analog CCTV (CVBS) video formats.
3. Do I need a software with License Plate cameras?
A software is OPTIONAL to use with LP cameras, but we recommend using ANPR software (Automatic Number Plate Recognition software). ANPR software uses optical character recognition to identify the numbers and letters on license plate, then takes some sort of action such as logging the plate to a database or automatically opening a security gate. If your goal is to be able to read license plates on recorded video, you DO NOT need ANPR software.
License Plate Capture
Geovision GV-LPR1200 1MP 10x Zoom LPR Camera
- Megapixel B/W progressive scan CCD
- Motorized varifocal lens for remote focus / zoom adjustment
- Dual streams from MJPEG or H.264
- Up to 30 fps at 1280 x 720
- Maximum speed 200 km/h (124 mph)
- Built-in LPR processor to perform recognition
- Recognition for reflective License Plate only
- Standalone database
- Vandal resistance (IK10 for metal casing)
- Ingress protection (IP67)
- Maximum IR distance 20 m (65 ft)
- Built-in heater and fan
- Support for TV-out
- 10x optical zoom
- Two-way audio
- Recognized plate numbers export
- Support for I/O (2 in / 2 out)
- Motion detection
- Text Overlay
- IP address filtering
- Supports iPhone, iPad, Android & 3GPP
- 30 languages on Web interface
- ONVIF (Profile S) compliant